Religious Formation Handbook
St. Cecilia Religious Formation Program, under the leadership of our Pastor, Director of Religious Education, and the Catechists, is a people called by God the Father and led by the Spirit, to proclaim with courage and joy, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Lord and Savior. Men and women of deep faith proclaim this Gospel, in a humble spirit of service, to encourage their students to seek closer union with our loving God through study and action.
Religious formation is a supplement to the training and teaching that parents do at home. We strive as a community to help you prepare your child for life as a Catholic Christian in a world whose values are often diametrically opposed to Christ’s gospel. We hope to give our young people the basics of their Catholic faith, but more importantly, to nurture in them that gift of Faith that God gives each of us to enable them:
- to make decisions large and small that reflect Christ-like attitudes;
- to show them how to build healthy, loving relationships;
- to awaken in them an awareness of the needs of others, and encourage them to actively respond;
- to help them become comfortable with prayer as a personal and communal experience;
- to foster a sense of belonging to a community of believers, both as givers and receivers.
- to foster a sense of belonging to a community of believers, both as givers and receivers